Once you know you look good –
- How to build a wardrobe that will always keep you fashion current
- How to dress like a Millionaire on any budget (coming soon)
- and How To style your outfits with Celeb WOW Factor (coming soon)
Here’s how to road test your outfits so they are wearable, functional, comfortable, and you can avoid any embarrassing mishaps.
It may be ultra simple, but it is something we just don’t think to do when we get a new outfit or item of clothing. We don’t always look at ourselves in the item (standing) from all angles – not forgetting to look at the front, both sides and back! before we purchase something new. (The Secret of How To make your outfits look their very best on you – coming soon). And we often don’t even sit down in the item before we wear it in public for the first time. So here are the steps to road test new clothes .
Road test when trying items on in the shop:
- Check how it looks from every angle
- Trousers, shorts, bathing suits, skirts or dresses – sit down, bend over, reach up, squat, lunge, move about, clench your butt cheeks to see if unattractive dimples appear
- Tops & dresses – reach up, move about
- Shoes – do a few laps around the shop – it is worth it!
More things you can do once you have the item at home:
- Sit cross legged on floor
- Stand in front of the fan – you don’t want to be caught out by the wind
- Stand in front of any light for exposure – you don’t want to be caught out by the sun
- Walk (all speeds)
- Jump up and down
Do all body movements you’d normally do in this piece of clothing or footwear to test that you can function easily in the item.
This is to insure against any ride-ups, ride-downs, crack or boob tucking, unwanted exposures, lack of full range of motion, splitting, or an uncomfortable fit.
If there is anything that reveals itself to be a deal-breaker for you, don’t buy it or return it. It just won’t be worth the headache, the hassle, or how you look to others when you are uncomfortable and constantly having to adjust what you are wearing (All About Tweaking – coming soon), or have the ultimate embarrassing moment. Just like there are so many more fish in the sea, there will definitely be another great shirt, fab shoe, stunning outfit, or awesome deal that will come along soon enough.
If you’d like to know How To Wear Leggings, Jeggings & Stretch-Jeans the Right Way for You and would enjoy a simple method of How To know What Basic Looks Work for Your Body Shape so you always look Flawless (coming soon), then you’ll like these posts too. Happy Road Testing ;-D
© Make Life Exceptional 2016. Not to be reproduced without permission.